Protecting Your Health: Public Health Clinic Services
Immunizations and Hepatitis C testing require appointments. Other Public Health Clinic Services do not require an appointment. Services are provided by a highly qualified staff of Registered Nurses.
REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 3:45 p.m. FOR PUBLIC HEALTH CLINIC SERVICES
Public Health Clinic Services are available at the following location:
1201 East Street
Parkville, MO 64152
Public Health Clinic Services include:
- Immunizations (more information below)
- Tuberculosis skin tests - $13
- Tuberculosis Quantiferon Gold Blood Testing - $65
- Confidential pregnancy tests - $8
- Lead screening for children 6 mos. to 6 years - FREE for Platte County residents!
- FREE Blood pressure checks!
- FREE Head lice checks!
- FREE Hepatitis C testing (by appointment only)!
- Confidential *STD testing
- Gonorrhea and Chlamydia - $15
- HIV and Syphilis - $15
- Herpes $37
- On Fridays, by Appointment, we now offer Platte County residents FREE Testing for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, HIV, and Syphilis!
Anyone who is sexually active can get gonorrhea and chlamydia and most persons that are infected do not have any symptoms. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends that individuals, aged 13-64 get tested for HIV once in their lifetime and those with risk factors (unprotected sex, needle sharing, multiple partners) get tested more frequently. Sexually transmitted diseases are just infections and they infect people regardless of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation. Both gonorrhea and chlamydia can be cured with the right medication, but they can cause serious health conditions in men and women if not treated. If not treated, these infections can make it difficult for a woman to get pregnant.
Persons that come to our clinic for testing will be counseled on the importance of preventing STD infections by decreasing the risk factors in their lives. All services are confidential.
Child Immunizations By Appointment
To guard your child’s health, the Platte County Health Department offers a comprehensive immunization program. Immunization Record Required at each visit.
- Infant and toddler immunizations
- Pre-school and school immunizations
- Vaccines for children, including:
- Routine childhood immunizations
- Prevnar (for infants)
- Children’s Hepatitis A vaccine
- Flu shots (If you are pregnant, a Doctor's order is required)
Platte County Health Department will continue to offer FREE immunizations for the following:
- Uninsured children and adolescents
- Children and adolescents who have Medicaid Plans
- Native Alaskan children and adolescents
- American Indian children and adolescents
Others, including those with private insurance, will need to receive their immunizations from their physician or other provider, effective October 1, 2012.
Adult Immunizations By Appointment
Adult and International Travel Vaccinations, including:
- Flu shots (If you are pregnant, a doctor's order is required)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- MMR (Pregnancy test may be required at additional cost of $8)
- Meningococcal-Please call to reserve your dose of MenB
- Shingles- Limited Stock, please call ahead
- Tetanus & Diphtheria
- Varicella (Pregnancy test may be required at additional cost of $8)
- Yellow Fever*-Currently Out of Stock
- Anyone 60 years or over must provide a Doctor's Order to receive Yellow Fever Vaccination
**These travel vaccines are available at the Parkville office only. Also, visit CDC's website to find out exactly which vaccinations are needed for your trip.
Check out this Immunization website tailored to parents, schools, childcare facilities, healthcare professionals, and other consumers!