Buckle Up Kids Car Seat Program
The Platte County Buckle Up Kids Car Seat Program is a collaboration between the Platte County Health Department (PCHD), Central Platte Fire Protection District (CPFPD), Northland Regional Ambulance District (NRAD), Riverside Fire Department (RFD), Southern Platte Fire Protection District (SPFPD), West Platte Fire Department (WPFD) and Camden Point Fire Department. The program is funded by a grant through the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT).
We want all children to travel safely in cars. Correctly installing car seats for children can be a challenge. CPFPD, NRAD, RFD, SPFPD,WPFD and Camden Point Fire Department have certified car seat installers on staff. Parents and caregivers can receive free hands-on help to learn how to properly install their car seat. Platte County residents may qualify for a free car seat if income guidelines are met. Please complete an application here or phone (816) 935-4094.
Following are program guidelines:
- CPFPD, NRAD, RFD, SPFPD, WPFD and Camden Point Fire Department all offer car seat installations by appointment at their stations, which are at the following locations:
- Please complete an application here or phone (816) 935-4094.
- Please try to bring your child with you to the installation. If you're unable to do so, please know your child's height and weight.
- Parents and caregivers will be asked to complete a form and liability waiver prior to the car seat installation.
- Car seat installation is interactive and takes approximately 30 minutes.
CPFPD, NRAD, RFD, SPFPD, WPFD and Camden Point Fire Department will be offering the Platte County Buckle up Kids car seat program at various community events throughout the year. Below are regularly scheduled events. Please check back for updates.
- On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM, CPFPD and NRAD will host regularly scheduled installation/inspection events open to the community. These events will be at CPFPD's fire station located at 201 Main Street in Platte City. Appointments are requested prior to the event. Please complete an application or phone (816) 935-4094.
Please contact the Platte County Buckle up Kids Program at 816-935-4094 to schedule your car seat safety check.
For more information about care seat safety, please visit safercar.gov.